ATPE Teacher Support Program and TAGT-Twice Exceptional: The Intersection of Giftedness and Learning Disabilities
Meet the needs of all your students by attending this webinar sharing resources and tips for differentiation. Produced in partnership with the Texas Association of the Gifted and Talented. Join us to learn about working with tiered learning for all levels of students, including gifted and talented and those in special education.
Examine defining twice-exceptional and looking at the current research on, and definitions and characteristics of, autism, Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, Tourette's Syndrome, and Irlen Syndrome. Learn gifted/special educator collaborator strategies and review the "20 Steps to Cultivate Lifelong Learning."
Educators/administrators at all levels
Who Should Attend:
Strategies for working with twice exceptional students (do's and don'ts)
Certificate of Completion:
CPE Hours Completed: 1 hour
This webinar will be eligible for CPE credit toward the annual 6-hour Gifted and Talented certification update requirement.
Date Presented: Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:00 PM Central
Length: 1 hour (50 minutes of content plus 10 minutes of Q-and-A)
Registration Fee: Free for members; $25 for nonmembers
Timothy Gangwer, M.A.
Timothy Gangwer, M.A.
- Taught 10 years in the Houston Independent School District
- Student Teacher Supervisor, Univeristy of Texas, Austin
- Certified National Diffusion Network Trainer, U.S. Department of Education
- Co-founder of the Visual Teaching Alliance
- Trained over 200,000 teachers since 1986
- Developer of six 6-hour TAGT-approved professional development seminars
- Author of Visual Impact, Visual Teaching: Using Images to Strengthen Learning; From Both Sides of the Desk: The Best Teacher I Never Had; American Holidaze; and co-author of seven books and numerous articles.
- Co-author of the English Works in America – EL Civics & ESL: Visual Communication Tools for Teachers
- National/international keynote speaker
- Former Visual Literacy Consultant to the Ministry of Education—Paris, France; Ministry of Education—Toranomon, Japan; Mediterranean Association of International Schools—Casablanca, Morocco; and the Association of International Schools in Africa—Abidijan, Ivory Coast
- Served three-year term on the Executive Board of Directors of the national program: IMPACT II—The Teachers Network
- Member of the Texas Association of the Gifted and Talented
- Award-winning songwriter with 10 published musical CDs
- Award-winning digital imagery artist, with published works in galleries, magazines and billboards
- Cover artist for the Association of Texas Professional Educators' ATPE News magazine
- Click HERE to Register!